Brain Injury Lawyers in Federal Way
Did someone else cause you to suffer a brain injury? If so, they could owe you compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, and the other long-term consequences they left you with. The Federal Way brain injury lawyers at Park Chenaur and Associates can aggressively pursue this compensation at no upfront cost to you.
Brain injuries are often devastating for victims and their families, leading to financial, physical, cognitive, and emotional hardships. You deserve the financial means to cope with the effects of an injury that was not your fault, and we want to help you demand it from those who were. We have over 20 years of legal experience helping clients in positions like yours, so we know what you’re going through and how to pursue your claim effectively and efficiently.
Let us shoulder the burden of your legal case so you can concentrate on your health and your future. Contact Park Chenaur and Associates today for a free consultation with a Federal Way brain injury lawyer.
Why Choose Park Chenaur and Associates?
If you are facing the frightening diagnosis of brain injury, your choice of legal representation is critical. Without an experienced attorney, you may be leaving significant compensation on the table, which you will surely need in the future. With over 20 years of legal experience, hundreds of five-star reviews on Google and Facebook, and millions of dollars in recoveries for our clients, Park Chenaur and Associates is the right choice for you.
Federal Way residents chose Park Chenaur and Associates to help with their personal injury cases because of our:
- Dependability. When your case is this serious, you need an attorney you can depend on during your time of need. An experienced team member is always available to update you on your case and answer your questions as they arise.
- Compassion. We understand what you’re going through and how important the outcome of your case is to your future. That’s why we will work hard on your behalf. You aren’t a case number; you’re someone who needs our help. We will strive to live up to the trust you placed in us.
- Aggressive advocacy. Our lawyers fight aggressively for our clients’ rights and interests. Insurance companies know that, which is why we have a track record of securing major settlements.
- Reputation. We are proud that most new clients come by referral from past clients. It speaks to our deep care for our clients and the hard work we provide them.
- Affordability. Our clients pay nothing out of pocket for our representation. Instead, we only get paid if we win you compensation. That way, no financial barrier prevents you from pursuing justice and accountability.
Give us a call or contact us online today. We look forward to hearing your story and learning how we can help you pursue justice.
Compensation for Accident Victims with Brain Injuries
Accident victims with brain injuries may face months or years of medical treatment and recovery. In a Journal of Neurotrauma study of Mayo Clinic Patients who suffered definite traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), treatment costs over six years following the injury ranged from $4,169 to $226,699. And that’s just the first six years. Many brain injury victims face a lifetime of medical treatment and assisted living needs that can accumulate into millions of dollars in expenses. Most people do not have enough savings to afford those staggering costs—especially when those whose injuries prevent them from earning regular, consistent income.
When facing prolonged medical and financial challenges associated with a brain injury, you need an attorney who can quantify the economic and noneconomic burdens of these terrible injuries.
The Federal Way brain injury lawyers at Park Chenaur and Associates can seek compensation for the full extent of your accident-related losses, even those you might not anticipate immediately following the injury, including:
- Current and future medical costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability
How Common Are Brain Injury Accidents?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 1.7 million people sustain traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) annually in the United States. Of these, 80 percent (1.365 million) receive treatment in the emergency room and 275,000 in the hospital. Sadly, 52,000 people die from TBIs each year. That means, every day, 142 families lose a loved one to TBIs—six every hour.
As a proportion of all injuries, TBIs account for 4.8 percent of emergency room visits, 15.1 percent of hospitalizations, and a staggering 30.5 percent of deaths.
Some people are more likely to suffer TBIs than others. For example, seniors aged 65 or older, children aged four and younger, and adolescents between 15 and 19 are at particular risk of TBI. Seniors aged 75 and older experience the highest rates of TBI-related hospitalizations and deaths. Males are more likely to sustain TBIs in every age group than females.
Deadlines for Brain Injury Legal Actions
If you suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligent or intentionally harmful behavior, you should act quickly to protect your right to compensation. That’s because there are certain deadlines for taking legal action against at-fault parties.
Under Washington state law, in most cases you have three years from your injury to file a lawsuit. Therefore, if you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, you should consult a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Even if you want to resolve your case through an insurance claim, you will gain the upper hand in negotiations if you maintain a lawsuit as a viable option.
If your brain injury resulted from a workplace accident, you have one year from the accident date to file a workers’ compensation claim with the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries.
Accidents That Cause Brain Injuries
Accidents are always a risk, but some are more likely to result in brain injuries than others. If you suffered a brain injury in one of the following types of accidents, the brain injury lawyers at Park Chenaur and Associates can seek compensation for your accident-related losses.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
According to the CDC, motor vehicle accidents are the second leading cause of TBIs nationally, accounting for 17.3 percent of such injuries.
Many motor vehicle accidents can cause brain injuries, including:
- Car accidents. According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, there were 3,311 crashes in 2022 that resulted in fatalities or serious injuries. That’s approximately nine serious or fatal collisions every day. Our attorneys can help you pursue a negligent driver who caused your brain injury in a car accident.
- Truck accidents. Because of their massive size, heavy trucks and other commercial vehicles can inflict severe brain injuries on accident victims. There were 235 serious and fatal accidents involving heavy trucks statewide in 2022. Our attorneys can hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable when they cause devastating brain injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists lack protections provided by vehicle bodies, leaving them especially vulnerable to brain injuries. WSDOT reported 656 motorcycles involved in serious or fatal accidents in 2022. While helmets help mitigate the severity of injuries, they cannot prevent negligent drivers from hitting motorcyclists in the first place. Our lawyers can protect your rights and interests after a motorcycle brain injury accident.
- Bicycle accidents. Bicyclists are at many of the same risks as motorcyclists, with even more disadvantages in size and weight. There were 160 bicyclists involved in serious injury or fatal accidents in Washington State in 2022. Our attorneys aggressively pursue negligent drivers for compensation when they cause bicyclists’ brain injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents. Pedestrians are the least protected of any road user and are particularly vulnerable to severe brain injuries. WSDOT reports a staggering 546 pedestrians involved in serious or fatal accidents in 2022. Our lawyers can help you hold negligent drivers accountable for causing your brain injury in a pedestrian accident.
Slip and Fall Accidents
According to a CDC report, falls are the leading cause of TBIs among all age groups. Falls are especially dangerous for adults ages 65 and older and children under 15, accounting for 60.7 percent and 50.2 percent, respectively, of all TBI-related emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and deaths.
Slip and fall accidents can occur for many reasons. If someone else’s negligence is to blame, you may pursue the at-fault entity for compensation. For example, if you slipped and suffered a brain injury at a business because the owner failed to address a known hazard, you could file a claim against their business insurance policy. Our attorneys can advise you on your legal rights and potential avenues for seeking compensation after a slip and fall accident.
If you suffered a brain injury at work, you might have coverage through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. Washington state law requires most employers to provide workers’ compensation insurance for their injured employees regardless of who or what caused the accident.
Unfortunately, many employers and their insurance companies avoid or reduce their responsibility to care for employees with brain injuries due to high costs. The workers’ compensation lawyers at Park Chenaur and Associates can hold your employer responsible for your benefits and demand the full amount you deserve.
Types of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can vary from mild to severe, with temporary or permanent symptoms.
Here are some of the most common:
- Concussion. A concussion is a TBI that occurs when a blow to the head or body jolts or shakes the brain. Symptoms can include headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, and forgetfulness, and may develop over time. Treatment typically involves rest and avoiding physical activity until symptoms resolve.
- Contusion. A contusion is a bruise to the brain caused by a direct impact between the brain’s surface and the inside of the skull, usually from an external force such as a blow to the head. Symptoms include headache, nausea, vomiting, disorientation, difficulty speaking, seizures, and loss of consciousness. Accident victims with a contusion may require hospitalization for close monitoring or surgery to relieve pressure or bleeding.
- Hematoma. A hematoma occurs when blood collects in the brain or the space between the brain and the skull, usually caused by a blood vessel bursting due to external trauma. Symptoms include headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, confusion, seizures, changes in vision or speech, and loss of consciousness. A small hematoma may resolve on its own with rest, while a larger hematoma may require surgery to stop the bleeding.
- Edema. Edema is swelling of the brain caused by trauma, either from an external force striking the head or internal trauma from sudden change in momentum causing the brain to strike the skull. Edema can increase pressure inside the skull, which could result in further brain damage. Severe edema may require surgery to relieve pressure on the brain.
- Skull fracture. A fracture to the skull can lead to life-threatening complications, such as bleeding, swelling, infection, seizures, and permanent brain damage.
- Diffuse axonal injury. This type of brain injury occurs when the brain experiences rapid acceleration or deceleration forces, causing widespread damage to the nerve fibers in the brain, called axons. Damage to these axons can disrupt communication between brain regions, leading to neurological issues and long-term complications.
Holding Insurance Companies Accountable
A brain injury can leave you facing significant expenses due to medical bills and lost income. It can also lead to a long-term battle with the at-fault party’s insurance provider. That’s because insurance companies are for-profit businesses that lose those profits when they have to pay out substantial claims, like those involving brain injuries and other long-term ailments. The insurance company reviewing your claim is already looking for any reason to deny it or diminish its payout.
The stakes are too high for you to try to battle the insurance company alone. Instead, turn to the brain injury lawyers at Park Chenaur and Associates for help. We are fighters who know how to hold insurance companies accountable and make them honor the policies they issue.
Contact Park Chenaur and Associates for Assistance After a Brain Injury Accident
The most important thing you can do right now is to hire an experienced brain injury lawyer in Federal Way. Contact Park Chenaur and Associates today to learn how we can help you demand the money you need for your ongoing care.
Whether a motor vehicle crash, slip and fall, or workplace incident caused your brain injury, our experienced personal injury attorneys can pursue maximum compensation for your accident-related losses. Call (253) 839-9440 or fill out our online contact form to get a free consultation.
“Park Chenaur & Associates is full of wonderful people who care about the client first. Anytime I contacted them with a worry, they were there to calm me down. Mitchel and his team were exceptional through the whole process. If anyone I know is in an accident, I will encourage them to consult with this office. 10/10!!” – Von K. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews!
Park Chenaur- Federal Way Office
2505 S 320th Suite 100
Federal Way, WA 98003