Personal Injury Lawyer in Tacoma, WA
If you’re the victim of an accident caused by another person, you should get in contact with a personal injury lawyer in Tacoma, WA. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and answer all of your questions.
Common Personal Injury Accidents in the Summer
Now that summer is in full spring, many people are spending their days barbecuing or sunbathing by the pool. While summer can be full of fun, it is also a time of frequent accidents. Here are some common personal injury accidents in the summer.
- Swimming pool accidents. Nothing feels better than cooling off in a swimming pool on a hot summer day. However, if the proper precautions aren’t taken, people can get hurt. Common causes of swimming pool accidents include drowning, slip and falls and defective equipment.
- Vehicle accidents. Many people take vacations during the summer, so you can expect more vehicles on the road. Unfortunately, the more vehicles there are on the road, the more likely accidents will occur. Accidents may be more likely to occur when drivers are in unfamiliar areas.
- Boat accidents. Summer is certainly the perfect time for boating. However, boating can become dangerous if you’re not careful. Common causes of boat accidents include speeding, intoxication, distractions, poor weather conditions and inexperience.
- Grill accidents. Barbecues are a popular summertime pastime for many people. However, these cookouts can quickly turn into an emergency trip to the hospital if proper precautions aren’t taken. It’s important to pay careful attention when grilling to avoid burns. There should also be a fire extinguisher nearby in case of emergencies.
- Bicycle accidents. As a personal injury lawyer in Tacoma, WA can confirm, bicycle accidents are increasingly common in the summer months. With the warmer temperatures, people are more likely to ride their bikes to work or for exercise. Unfortunately, some motorists can be careless around cyclists, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents. Many motorcyclists definitely take advantage of the warm temperatures summer brings and frequently ride on their motorcyclists. However, accidents can happen. Motorcyclists are in danger of suffering serious injuries because they lack the protection a car provides. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include left turns, lane splitting and speeding.
If you suffered an injury because of someone else’s negligence, you should schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Tacoma, WA at Park Chenaur & Associates today.