If you suffered injuries in an Uber accident, your next step is to speak to an Uber accident lawyer in Tacoma, WA. You may be entitled to receive compensation for the damages you endured in the accident. A lawyer can assist you filing a claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Myths About Uber Accidents
Uber offers a convenient way for people to get around town. However, with the increase of Uber vehicles on the road, accidents are becoming more common. Here are some of the common myths about Uber accidents that you should know about.
- You will get a massive settlement if you are in an Uber accident. Uber is required to carry large liability policies for all their drivers. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you will receive a huge settlement if you are in an accident with an Uber driver. If the Uber driver wasn’t actively working at the time the accident occurred, the Uber policy won’t take effect.
- Uber doesn’t insure drivers because they’re contractors. While this was true when Uber first came out, it isn’t the case today. Even though they’re independent contractors, Uber still has to cover drivers.
Steps to Take After an Uber Accident
Getting into an accident with an Uber vehicle is a scary experience. However, it’s important to take certain steps afterward to improve your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Obtain the Uber driver’s name and contact information. First and foremost, you should ask the Uber driver what his or her full name and phone number is. Your Uber accident lawyer in Tacoma, WA will need this information to proceed with your case.
- Contact the police. After an Uber accident, it’s important to call the police so that they can come to the scene of the accident. They will make a police report that includes essential information about the accident, such as when and where it occurred.
- Get medical attention. Even if you don’t have visible injuries, you should still get checked out by a doctor after an Uber accident. Certain injuries, like whiplash, don’t present symptoms immediately, but may get worse over time. A doctor will properly assess your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment.
- Hire a lawyer. An Uber accident case can involve even more complexities than a traditional car accident case. That’s why it’s critical to have an experienced Uber accident lawyer on your side. He or she will handle all negotiations with the insurance company and improve your chances of getting a fair settlement.
Schedule a consultation with a Tacoma personal injury lawyer today.
Tacoma Office Location:
3517 6th Ave, Tacoma,
Phone: (253) 345-2555