Did you suffer injuries in a pedestrian accident in Federal Way? After a negligent driver hits you with their vehicle, you deserve to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. But insurance companies often make it difficult for injured accident victims to obtain payment. When you need help getting the resources necessary for your recovery, turn to a Federal Way pedestrian accident lawyer from Park Chenaur and Associates.
Our attorneys and staff have worked hard for over two decades to build a firm that clients can trust. Our attorneys speak directly with their clients to answer questions and keep them updated on the progress of their cases. Our dedication to excellent service has led many clients to refer their family and friends to us when they suffer injuries in accidents. When you choose us for your pedestrian accident claim, you can expect to receive support from our entire full-service legal team. Our staff also speaks Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, and Russian.
Contact Park Chenaur and Associates today for a free case review to speak with a knowledgeable Federal Way pedestrian accident lawyer. We can discuss your legal options for recovering compensation. Let our firm fight for your rights to demand accountability and justice from the negligent driver who hit you.
Federal Way Pedestrian Accident Guide
Why Choose Park Chenaur and Associates for Help After Suffering Injuries in a Pedestrian Accident in Federal Way?
After you have suffered a pedestrian accident in Federal Way, you need experienced legal representation to help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries and losses. You have many personal injury lawyers and law firms to choose from to handle your case.
At Park Chenaur and Associates, we believe that our pedestrian accident lawyers can provide you with the advocacy you need in your case because of our:
- Accessibility. Our attorneys and staff always make themselves available to you. Whether you have questions or need an update on your case, you will always speak with a member of our team. You can contact us whenever you need to during your case.
- Caring approach. We understand the devastating effects that pedestrian accident injuries can have on your life. You may have a long road of painful recovery ahead of you. You may also worry about your financial situation if you cannot work because of your injuries. When you choose us to represent you after a pedestrian accident, you can expect a compassionate approach from our attorneys and staff. We work hard to provide you with peace of mind knowing that our team will handle your case efficiently and effectively.
- Aggressive advocacy. You deserve a pedestrian accident lawyer who will fight as hard as needed to get you the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries. When you turn to Park Chenaur and Associates for help, you can expect us to advocate for your rights vigorously. We will aggressively negotiate for a maximum settlement. We also won’t hesitate to take your case to trial if necessary to get you the best possible result.
- Established track record and reputation. We have a proven record of successful results in more than 10,000 cases. Our attorneys have also developed a reputation for excellent client service. We have stellar reviews on Facebook and Avvo, and many of our new clients come from referrals from our past clients.
- Affordability. Our firm knows that you may have significant financial burdens after suffering injuries in a pedestrian accident. Obtaining legal representation should not add more stress. At Park Chenaur and Associates, we offer free initial consultations and represent clients on a contingency basis. When you hire us, you owe nothing unless we recover compensation for you in a settlement or verdict.
Pedestrian Accidents in Federal Way
Essential facts to know about pedestrian accidents in Federal Way include:
Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Federal Way
Some of the deadliest roads and intersections in and around Federal Way include:
- Pacific Highway South (State Road 99 between 16th Avenue South and South 263rd Street)
- State Road 99 between Shoreline and Seattle
- State Road 99 between South 252nd Street and South 176th Street
- Pacific Highway South at South 356th Street
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
According to the Washington Traffic Safety Commission’s Fatal Crash Dashboard, the state had 146 pedestrian fatalities in one recent year.
These accidents include:
- 11 accidents involving an alcohol-impaired driver
- Nine accidents involving a drug-impaired driver
- 21 accidents involving a distracted driver
- 24 hit-and-run accidents
Four of the pedestrian accidents in Washington occurred in Federal Way.
Pedestrian Laws in Federal Way
Critical pedestrian safety laws in Federal Way include:
- Motorists and cyclists must yield to pedestrians on the sidewalk or crosswalk.
- Pedestrians must use sidewalks when available. If a road does not have a sidewalk, the pedestrian must walk along the left side or shoulder of the road facing traffic.
- Pedestrians may not cross the road in front of an approaching vehicle that cannot safely stop.
- Drivers must exercise care to avoid striking a pedestrian and sound the horn in warning when necessary.
- Drivers must stop at an intersection or crosswalk when a pedestrian crosses the road.
- Pedestrians crossing the road other than at an intersection or marked crosswalk must yield the right of way to vehicles.
Washington State’s Statute of Limitations on Pedestrian Accident Lawsuits
Under Washington’s statute of limitations, your lawyer has only three years to file a lawsuit after you suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident in Federal Way. And if the accident involved a government vehicle, your lawyer must also notify the relevant government agency or department of your pedestrian accident claim.
If your attorney files a lawsuit after the statute of limitations expires on your claim, the court can dismiss your case regardless of the merits. Talk to a Federal Way pedestrian accident lawyer from Park Chenaur and Associates to learn when to file a suit and ensure you file your claims on time.
About Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents have many potential causes and often cause catastrophic, life-altering injuries.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the most frequent examples of driver negligence that lead to pedestrian accidents include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for the conditions
- Reckless driving, such as street racing or swerving around traffic
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Disregarding pedestrian crossing signals
- Turning without signaling or checking mirrors
- Backing out of a parking space or driveway without looking behind
- Drowsy/fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving, especially using a cell phone while driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance, especially for tires and brakes
Injuries That Occur in Pedestrian Accidents
Because pedestrians have no protection in a collision with a motor vehicle, they often suffer:
- Severe lacerations and bleeding
- Abrasions or degloving injuries
- Crush injuries
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Muscle/tendon strains and tears
- Nerve damage
- Herniated spinal disc injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Head and facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation or dismemberment
Get Help From Our Federal Way Pedestrian Accident Lawyer To Fight the Insurance Companies
After getting hit by a motor vehicle in a pedestrian accident, you deserve to recover compensation from the at-fault driver and their insurance company. Insurers will fight hard to minimize your financial recovery, no matter how clearly at fault the other driver may seem for the accident. Insurance companies have numerous tactics to force accident victims into accepting less than fair compensation for their injuries.
Some of the ways that an insurer may try to undercut your pedestrian accident claim include:
- Delaying the investigation or processing of your claim
- Not responding to your calls and emails promptly
- Misrepresenting the availability of coverage or applicable policy limits
- Asserting that the insurance company will not negotiate or increase its compensation offer
- Blaming you for the accident without adequate evidence
- Monitoring your social media accounts for posts that the insurance company might use to undermine your claims
- Demanding you provide a written or recorded statement about the accident so that the insurer can use snippets out of context to undercut your claims
- Requesting access to your medical records so the insurance company can search your medical history for evidence of prior injuries or preexisting medical conditions the insurer can blame for your injuries
- Pressuring you to accept a quick settlement by repeatedly mentioning your medical expenses or lost income
Although an insurance adjuster may seem like they want to help you recover after a pedestrian accident, remember that they have the singular goal of minimizing the insurance company’s liability to you. It would help to have a Federal Way pedestrian accident lawyer from Park Chenaur and Associates who will look out for your interests and defend your rights.
Our firm can help you stand up to the insurance company to demand the financial recovery and justice you deserve for your injuries.
When you hire us, you can expect our legal team to handle every detail of your case, including:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident to secure evidence supporting your claim, including accident scene photos/video, police accident reports, witness statements, or surveillance/traffic camera footage of the accident
- Reviewing the facts of your case to identify all potentially liable parties and sources of compensation, such as applicable insurance coverages
- Explaining your legal options to you and preparing you for what to expect in your case
- Documenting your injuries and losses, including future expenses, to calculate the amount of compensation you deserve to recover
- Drafting and filing your insurance claims and aggressively negotiating with adjusters to reach a fair settlement
- Taking your case to court and trial, if necessary, to demand accountability from an at-fault driver or the insurance company
What Should You Do After a Pedestrian Accident?
Steps you should take to protect your rights and interests after a pedestrian accident include:
- Seek medical attention if you have not already done so to have a doctor diagnose the injuries you sustained in the accident.
- Follow your doctor’s medical advice and treatment plan. Do not put off treatment or recommended medical procedures.
- Notify your auto insurance provider of the accident.
- Request copies of your medical records and the police accident report.
- Keep any bills, invoices, or receipts of expenses you’ve incurred. Gather your pay stubs or income statement if you miss work or have reduced earnings due to injuries.
- Start a diary or journal to document your recovery and the pain and difficulties you experience due to your injuries and medical treatment.
- Avoid posting about the accident or your injuries on social media, and refrain from posting or tagging yourself in photos or videos during your recovery.
- Talk to a Federal Way pedestrian accident lawyer from Park Chenaur and Associates as soon as possible to discuss the next steps to pursue your case.
Contact Park Chenaur and Associates’ Knowledgeable Federal Way Pedestrian Accident Lawyers for Your Free Case Review
After you have suffered injuries from a pedestrian accident in Federal Way, you deserve to seek compensation for your ongoing and future losses.
An experienced Federal Way personal injury lawyer from Park Chenaur and Associates can assist you with pursuing your case. Call us today at (253) 839-9440 or fill out the contact form on our website for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our firm will fight for your financial recovery and future after a devastating pedestrian accident.
“I am really glad that I chose Park Chenaur. Kimberly Yoon took care my accident case and worked really close to me and provided with updates very often. Totally recommend this place.” -Tungalag B. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews.
Park Chenaur- Federal Way Office
2505 S 320th Suite 100
Federal Way, WA 98003