Were you hurt in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property in Federal Way, WA? If the property owner’s negligence is to blame, you may have a claim for financial compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and more. A Federal Way slip and fall injury lawyer from Park Chenaur and Associates can help you pursue your case against a liable property owner or their insurance provider.
Since 1999, our firm has protected the interests of accident victims throughout Western Washington, recovering more than $50 million in settlements and verdicts on their behalf. We have built a reputation as trustworthy attorneys who put their clients’ needs and goals at the forefront. Our legal team of personal injury attorneys, support staff, and expert witnesses work together to develop and pursue effective case strategies to secure the results our clients deserve.
Ready to put us to work pursuing the compensation you need for the injuries you suffered on someone else’s property? Then contact Park Chenaur and Associates for a free initial case review to discuss your legal options with a knowledgeable Federal Way slip and fall injury lawyer.
Why Choose Park Chenaur and Associates to Help You After a Slip and Fall Accident?
You may have many lawyers and law firms to choose from after suffering slip and fall injuries. You deserve the right attorney to help you with your case.
For more than two decades, injured accident victims in Federal Way and throughout Western Washington have turned to Park Chenaur and Associates for legal help because of our:
- Responsiveness. We understand the anxiety you may experience while waiting to recover compensation from your slip and fall accident case. When you have questions or concerns, you need prompt answers. Our firm will ensure that you always have someone from our firm to talk to if you need updates or help to address concerns that may arise during your recovery.
- Caring approach. Our attorneys know that recovering from accident injuries can cause difficulties. You may experience significant pain and physical limitations. You may also worry about paying your medical bills, especially if you cannot work due to your injuries. When you turn to us for help after a slip and fall accident, you can expect our staff to treat you with the compassion, empathy, and respect you need during this challenging time. You will always feel secure knowing that our attorneys will diligently and professionally handle your claim.
- Aggressive advocacy. You deserve a full financial recovery after suffering injuries due to someone else’s negligence. Our firm vigorously pursues maximum compensation for our clients at the negotiating table or in court if necessary.
- Proven reputation. Many of Park Chenaur and Associates’ clients come from referrals from our past clients. Our clients’ positive online reviews of our firm and willingness to refer their family and friends to us reflect our dedication to getting the best possible results in every case we handle.
- Affordability. We recognize how injuries can create financial burdens when you cannot work and have unpaid medical bills. Our firm doesn’t want to add to your stress. We offer free initial consultations and never charge any upfront fees when you hire our firm. You owe us nothing unless we obtain compensation for you through a settlement or verdict in your case.
Compensation You Can Recover After a Slip and Fall
A slip and fall case can provide you with financial compensation for losses you incur due to your injuries, including for:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation, including emergency room care, surgeries, hospitalization, physical/occupational therapy, or prescription costs
- Costs of long-term care or support services you may need after suffering permanent impairments due to your injuries
- Loss of income after taking time off work to recover from the slip and fall accident
- Loss of earning capacity or job benefits if you become permanently disabled from your current profession or other employment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, including reduced quality of life caused by disabilities or permanent, visible scarring and disfigurement from your injuries
Pursuing a Slip and Fall Injury Claim in Federal Way
According to the National Floor Safety Institute, slip and falls send about 1 million people to emergency rooms annually. If you suffered a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property as a result of their negligence, the law allows you to pursue a claim for financial compensation from them.
How Do You Prove Liability in a Slip and Fall Accident?
Succeeding in a slip and fall injury claim requires proving that the accident occurred due to a non-obvious hazardous condition of someone else’s property. Most slip and fall accident claims involve an injured victim invited to the property by the owner, such as a store customer.
You and your attorney must also prove that the property owner created the hazard that caused your fall or allowed the dangerous property condition to persist due to the owner’s negligence. Establishing negligence means proving that the owner knew about the hazard, should have discovered it through diligent inspection, or should have reasonably foreseen the dangerous condition.
Proving liability for a slip and fall accident requires various evidence, such as:
- The property/business owner’s accident/incident report
- Eyewitness testimony
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Surveillance camera footage
- Maintenance records
- Weather records/reports
- Medical records from the treatment of your injuries
- Accident reconstruction or engineering expert reports
Deadlines for Filing a Slip and Fall Claim
The statute of limitations on slip and fall claims in Washington requires that you file any lawsuit within three years of the slip and fall accident. If you file suit after the statute of limitations period expires on your slip and fall claim, the trial court may permanently dismiss your case. In addition, if you had a slip and fall accident on state or local government property, state law requires you to send written notice of your claim to the appropriate government agency before the expiration of the limitations period.
You should speak with a Federal Way slip and fall injury lawyer from Park Chenaur and Associates as soon as possible. Our firm will ensure you file your claims on time to preserve your rights to recover compensation.
About Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents have a wide variety of causes. These accidents can also cause various injuries beyond minor cuts and bruises.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Some of the most frequent causes of slip and fall accidents in Federal Way include:
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- Food or liquid spills
- Water pipe, refrigerator, and freezer leaks
- Standing water, snow, ice, mud, or plant debris
- Loose or torn carpeting/rugs
- Broken or loose flooring
- Transitions between flooring types, such as stepping from carpet to hardwood
- Uneven floors
- Broken stairs or handrails
- Cords or wires on the floor
- Trash or debris on the ground
- Untreated snow or ice
- Potholes or broken pavement
- Wet or slippery grass
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Commonly Occur?
Slip and fall accidents tend to occur in places with heavy foot traffic, such as:
- Bars and restaurants
- Grocery stores and supermarkets
- Home improvement stores and garden centers
- Department stores
- Malls and shopping centers
- Parking lots/garages
- Office buildings
- Apartment/townhome complexes
- Theaters and museums
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Athletics and sports facilities
- Recreational or amusement parks
- Public sidewalks
Injuries Commonly Suffered in Slip and Fall Accidents
A slip and fall accident can cause:
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament sprains/tears
- Muscle or tendon strains/tears
- Broken bones
- Herniated spinal discs
- Nerve injuries
- Head and facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal trauma and bleeding
Don’t Let the Insurance Company Deny You a Financial Recovery for Your Slip and Fall Injuries
You may face an uphill battle trying to recover compensation from a business or property owner’s insurer after suffering injuries in a slip and fall accident. Although insurance adjusters may sound like they want to help you recover from your injuries, they don’t. Insurance companies make money when they minimize the compensation they pay to injured accident victims.
T devalue or deny slip and fall accident claims, insurers:
- Request a recorded or written statement about the accident. Insurers hope they can cherry-pick offhand comments from your accident account to argue that you bear fault for your fall.
- Ask you how you feel. You may say, “I’m fine,” if an insurance adjuster asks you how you feel during a phone call. However, the insurer might use those words to argue that you have recovered from your accident injuries or you suffered less severe injuries than you claimed.
- Demanding access to your medical records. The insurer may want access to your medical history to look for evidence indicating that your claimed injuries resulted from a prior accident or pre-existing condition.
- Denying your insurance claim or refusing to negotiate a settlement. Adjusters may try to convince you to accept less compensation by delaying or denying your initial claim or claiming that the insurance company won’t budge on its settlement offer.
What Actions Should You Take After a Slip and Fall Injury in Federal Way?
To protect your rights to financial compensation after a slip and fall accident:
- Report your fall to the property or business owner.
- Seek medical attention if you have not already done so. Make sure to follow your doctor’s treatment instructions and recommendations.
- Preserve or photograph the clothing and footwear you wore in the accident.
- Keep copies of medical bills and receipts of other expenses you incurred due to the accident.
- Gather your pay stubs or income statements if you miss work or suffer a reduction in your earnings because of your injuries.
- Start a journal to document your recovery and record the pain or physical limitations you experience from your injuries and medical treatment.
- Avoid posting about the accident, your injuries, or your legal claims on social media. Refrain from posting or tagging yourself in photos or videos on social media while treating and rehabilitating your injuries since insurers may monitor your social media accounts for evidence that contradicts your injury claims.
Finally, contact a Federal Way slip and fall injury lawyer at Park Chenaur and Associates to discuss the next steps in pursuing financial recovery for your accident losses.
How a Federal Way Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer From Park Chenaur and Associates Can Help With Your Case
You don’t have to pursue your slip and fall injury case alone. Get the help you need to maximize your financial recovery by working with a Federal Way slip and fall injury lawyer with Park Chenaur and Associates.
While you focus on treating and rehabbing your injuries, let our legal team handle the details of investigating the accident, crafting a persuasive legal case, and sifting through the insurance company’s red tape.
You can trust us to:
- Investigate the accident to recover evidence of the business or property owner’s negligence and fault for your fall
- Identify liable parties and options for seeking compensation, such as applicable insurance coverage
- Document your injuries and ongoing and future expenses and losses to ensure you receive a full financial recovery in your case
- Keep you updated on the status of your legal claims
- Prepare and filing insurance claims and demand letters on your behalf to seek compensation from the property owner and insurance company
- Aggressively negotiate a fair and full settlement of your case
- Go to court and trial when necessary to pursue the best possible result in your slip and fall accident claim
Contact Us for a Free Case Review To Discuss Your Legal Options With Our Experienced Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident in Federal Way, get the legal help you need to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and more. Call Park Chenaur and Associates at (253) 839-9440 or complete our online contact form for your free, no-obligation consultation with our experienced Federal Way personal injury lawyers about your legal rights.
“Park Chenaur & Associates is full of wonderful people who care about the client first. Anytime I contacted them with a worry, they were there to calm me down. Mitchel and his team were exceptional through the whole process. If anyone I know is in an accident, I will encourage them to consult with this office. 10/10!!” – Von K. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews!
Park Chenaur- Federal Way Office
2505 S 320th Suite 100
Federal Way, WA 98003