Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Tacoma, WA
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to have an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Tacoma, WA on your side. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and answer all of your questions.
Common Road Hazards for Motorcyclists
All motorists encounter road hazards from time to time. However, these hazards pose a greater threat to motorcyclists. Since motorcycles don’t offer the protection that regular vehicles do, motorcyclists are in danger of suffering serious injuries. Here are some common road hazards that motorcyclists have to deal with:
- Road debris: From cans to banana peels, there are various debris on roads all the time. Unfortunately, they can make motorcyclists lose control and get into accidents.
- Slippery roads: Slippery roads can be dangerous for motorists, but they are specially hazardous for motorcyclists. If motorcyclists run over ice, oil or other slippery items, they can crash.
- Standing water: It’s not safe for any motorist to drive over standing water on the road. However, it can be even more dangerous for motorcyclists. If motorcyclists drive over standing water, they can hydroplane.
- Loose gravel: There is bound to be loose gravel on roads, but it can cause motorcyclists to lose traction.
How Motorcyclists Can Steer Clear of Road Hazards
Although there will always be road hazards, motorcyclists can take steps to avoid them. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Look at the weather forecast: Harsh weather can be especially dangerous for motorcyclists, so a motorcycle accident lawyer in Tacoma, WA recommends checking the weather ahead of time. If they are predicting heavy winds or rain, you should avoid getting on your motorcycle that day.
- Slow down: It is especially dangerous for motorcyclists to speed because they can’t quickly react to road hazards. If the road is slippery or has debris, you should slow down.
- Don’t get distracted: Distractions can be dangerous for all motorists, especially motorcyclists. If you are responding to a text message or eating, you take your focus off the road and can’t react quickly enough to hazards. To avoid an accident, avoid all distractions on a motorcycle.
If you would like to pursue a legal claim for a motorcycle accident, you should schedule a consultation with a Tacoma personal injury lawyer at Park Chenaur & Associates today.