Wrongful Death Lawyer in Tacoma, WA
If your family member died because of someone else’s negligence, it’s important to talk to a wrongful death lawyer in Tacoma, WA. You and your family may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a claim and answer all your questions.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in a Wrongful Death Claim
Losing someone you love is awful in any circumstances. If the death is due to another person’s carelessness, it can cause even more pain. However, you shouldn’t allow your anger and sadness to cloud your judgment and cause you to make costly mistakes in your claim. Here are some common mistakes you should avoid.
- Accepting the insurance company’s first offer. If your family member was killed on account of another person’s negligence, the negligent party’s insurance company may contact you and offer a settlement. While it may be tempting to accept compensation right away, you should avoid doing so. The insurance company’s initial settlement offer likely won’t cover all of the expenses that resulted from the death.
- Arguing with your family members. When a loved one is unjustly killed, it’s understandable that there is a lot of grief and tension among your family members. However, that doesn’t mean that you should have fights with your family. Arguing back and forth will just make the entire situation even more stressful. Try to listen to what everyone has to say and work together during this difficult time.
- Not looking into other liable parties. There may be more than one responsible party for your family member’s death. It’s important for you and your wrongful death lawyer in Tacoma, WA to consider additional parties that may have contributed to the death, such as a parent company or partnering organization.
- Thinking you have no deadline for filing a claim. After the death of a loved one, you of course need time to properly grieve. However, you shouldn’t wait too long to file a wrongful death claim. In Washington, you have three years to file a claim. After that deadline has passed, you won’t be eligible for compensation anymore.
- Failing to hire a wrongful death lawyer. It’s not advisable to pursue a wrongful death claim without a lawyer. These claims involve a lot of complexities, so you want to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. A wrongful death lawyer will help you gather the evidence you need and improve your chances of getting a fair settlement.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Unexpectedly losing a loved one is painful, devastating, and can be overwhelming. Sometimes it can be hard to process what happened because you are busy taking care of funeral arrangements, fulfilling the wishes of your loved one’s will, and supporting friends and family. If over that time you start to feel that negligence was the cause of your loved one’s death, you may want to consult with a wrongful death lawyer in Tacoma, WA to learn if your case is worth pursuing. Call Park Chenaur & Associates today to set up a free consultation. Some common causes of wrongful death cases in Washington are:
Not all deaths from a car accident are considered wrongful. But if a driver was excessively speeding, running a traffic light, texting and driving, driving too fast in poor weather conditions or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they may be liable for any resulting deaths.
Doctors and medical practitioners have a responsibility to meet a strict standard of care in the United States. When they fail to provide adequate care this can result in injury or even death. Negligence happens across all industries and health care is no exception. A provider may have been negligent if they didn’t provide a proper diagnosis, prescribed the wrong medication, or performed a gross error during surgery.
Nursing Home Neglect
When your loved ones move into an assisted living facility, you trust that the staff is going to care for their health and well-being. Sometimes that is not the case and the staff’s lack of attention can result in their death. If you suspect that the staff provided the wrong medication, ignored your loved one, or didn’t provide adequate care, you should contact a wrongful death lawyer in Tacoma, WA like Park Chenaur & Associates so see if you should file for damages.
When you buy a product from a company, you assume that it is safe to use. Companies have an obligation to ensure that their products are safe for consumers before they put them on the market. However, that is not always the case. Iif a company failed to do adequate safety tests, meet safety standards, or follow production regulations then you may have a basis to file a wrongful death suit.
Workplaces should be safe for those working there. Employers are obligated to meet national safety standards to protect employees from harm. If you suspect your loved one died because of unsafe conditions at work, it is important to consider taking action so that nobody is harmed again in the future. A lawyer can help you understand how strong your case is and what course of action you can take.
These are just some of the possible scenarios that can result in the wrongful death of a person. A skilled wrongful death lawyer in Tacoma, WA will have the experience needed to determine whether your case has merit and successfully argue your case in court. If you are seeking professional, compassionate lawyers to help you through this difficult time, speak to our team at Park Chenaur & Associates today to find out how we can support you.
Schedule a consultation with a Tacoma personal injury lawyer at Park Chenaur & Associates today.
Tacoma Office Location:
3517 6th Ave, Tacoma,
Phone: (253) 345-2555