Federal Way Truck Accident Lawyer
If you recently got hurt in a Federal Way truck accident, it might feel like everything is against you. Perhaps you’re dealing with painful crash injury symptoms, hurting too badly to return to work, and stressing over an endless pile of medical bills. If so, don’t despair. You could have the right to seek money for your healthcare costs and other accident-related losses by taking legal action.
At Park Chenaur and Associates, we’ve fought for the rights of injury victims for more than two decades. Our attorneys are deeply familiar with the local legal system, and we have the resources and skills to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients. Trust our Federal Way truck accident lawyers to handle your injury case while you heal and move forward. Contact us today for your free initial case review.
Why Choose Park Chenaur and Associates?
If you get hurt in a Federal Way truck accident, you deserve help from a skilled legal professional. Truck accident cases are often highly complex, and without extensive experience, getting the compensation you deserve can be tricky.
That’s where Park Chenaur and Associates comes in. Our Federal Way legal team has more than 20 years of experience in personal injury law and a proven track record of favorable settlements for our clients. We’re here to stand up for your rights and fight aggressively on your behalf while you focus on healing from your injuries. Whether you settle your case or end up in court, you can count on us to deliver excellent results.
Federal Way injury victims trust us to handle their truck accident cases because of our reputation for intelligent and effective representation. We have handled over 10,000 injury cases and recovered more than $50 million in fair compensation for clients throughout Washington. We have a reputation for getting our clients the best possible outcomes.
Of course, our firm has much more to offer than an impressive resume. At Park Chenaur and Associates, we believe that excellent client service is crucial. When you’re healing from painful crash injuries and waiting on settlement money, it’s essential to have quick access to answers and case updates. That’s why we are available 24 hours a day to address your questions and concerns as they arise.
We understand that many people who come to us after injury accidents struggle financially, but we believe that quality legal representation should be affordable for everyone. That’s why we offer free initial consultations to new clients. And once you choose to work with us, we won’t charge any fees unless and until we win you money.
When you’re ready to discuss the details of your Federal Way truck accident case with our compassionate team, don’t hesitate to reach out. You can visit us in person at one of our offices in Federal Way or Tacoma, or we can speak with you by phone at your convenience. Contact us now to get started.
Compensation for Truck Accident Injury Claims
An experienced truck accident lawyer can review the specifics of your situation to estimate a reasonable value for your injury claim. When an attorney calculates an estimate for your claim, they might look at factors like the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical needs, and how your injuries affect your ability to work. Other key factors could include who is liable for the truck accident, the quality of the evidence, and the types of insurance coverage available.
After a Federal Way truck accident, you could seek compensation for:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses you incur due to the truck accident
- Incidental costs, such as the costs of traveling to and from medical appointments
- Wage losses from any time you miss at work due to your crash-related injuries
- Losses in your lifetime earning capacity due to permanent crash-related injuries
- Subjective losses, such as pain, suffering, and lost quality or enjoyment of life
- The costs of repairing damage to your vehicle or replacing a totaled vehicle
Another factor that could significantly affect the value of your truck accident claim is whether or not you hire an attorney. When you work with the talented lawyers at Park Chenaur and Associates, you can rest assured that we will explore every possible source of compensation to help you seek the maximum settlement.
Federal Way Truck Accident Facts and Statistics
For several reasons, truck accidents are all too common in Federal Way, WA. Federal Way is a coastal city near major highways like Interstate 5, State Route 99, and State Route 509. The steady stream of commercial traffic on these roads increases the risk of truck accidents. Federal Way’s location along the Pacific Coast makes it an attractive tourist destination during peak seasons, contributing to traffic congestion and increasing the risk of wrecks.
Data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) illustrate how devastating truck accidents are throughout the state:
- There were 54 fatal truck accidents in Washington in one recent year, which collectively caused the deaths of 65 people.
- Eight of the fatal truck accidents in Washington that year were single-vehicle accidents. The remainder were all multi-vehicle collisions.
- The overall truck crash fatality rate for Washington that year was approximately seven deaths per 1 million state residents.
If you get hurt in a truck accident in Federal Way, here are some state laws that could apply to your situation:
- Washington’s commercial insurance law. This law mandates that liability insurance minimums for semi-trucks start at $750,000, the same as the federal requirements.
- Washington’s comparative negligence law. This law says you can still seek compensation for your injuries if you were partially at fault for the truck accident. However, the amount of money available to you decreases based on your proportion of responsibility for the crash.
- Washington’s statute of limitations law. This law gives you three years from the date of the truck accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against another party. If you wait too long, you could lose your right to sue and your ability to pursue compensation in civil court for your crash-related losses.
A knowledgeable Federal Way attorney can help you by explaining how these laws apply to your injury claim and then handling every aspect of your case accordingly.
Types of Truck Accidents and Truck Accident Injuries
The size and weight of a large commercial truck, plus its cargo, make it much more destructive than a smaller vehicle in the event of a crash. Commercial trucks are also subject to unique laws and maintenance requirements, and truck drivers who fail to obey them increase their risk of accidents.
Common examples of truck accidents in Federal Way include:
- Distracted driving truck accidents
- DUI and DWI truck accidents
- Driver fatigue truck accidents
- Inexperienced driver truck accidents
- Speeding truck accidents
- Tailgating truck accidents
- Blind spot truck accidents
- Failure to yield truck accidents
- Improper turn truck accidents
- Cargo spill truck accidents
- Rollover truck accidents
- Jackknife truck accidents
- Underride truck accidents
- Override truck accidents
- Mechanical defect truck accidents
- Loss of control truck accidents
The force of the collision in a truck accident is immense, so passenger vehicle occupants are vulnerable to severe injuries upon impact.
Common types of truck accident injuries include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Facial and dental injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Partial or total paralysis
- Seatbelt and airbag injuries
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Arm, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- Leg, knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- Road rash and other burn injuries
- Emotional and psychological injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Fatal injuries and wrongful death
Filing an Insurance Claim After a Truck Accident
In the aftermath of a truck accident, you might assume that you can rely on insurance companies to sort out the details of your case and help you pursue fair compensation.
But insurance companies exist to make profits, and truck accident insurance claims are often costly, so adjusters usually do everything they can to avoid paying claims in full. When you file a claim, the insurance company might imply that you were at fault for the truck accident, insist that your injuries are not eligible for coverage, or even deny your claim altogether.
Furthermore, truck accident insurance claims are notoriously complex and challenging to navigate without legal help. Some of this is because truck accident cases involve many unique factors, such as the truck’s size, the type of cargo on the truck, and the laws that apply to commercial trucking. And unlike most car accident cases, truck accidents often involve multiple liable parties, such as the driver and the trucking company. To get the money you need, you might have to deal with various insurance companies, each with its own claim requirements and procedures.
At Park Chenaur and Associates, our experienced truck accident lawyers can help you through this daunting legal process after a truck accident. We can communicate with the trucking and insurance companies, prepare a strong injury claim, and negotiate aggressively on your behalf. With our support, you can enjoy peace of mind and get a better settlement for your truck accident claim.
What to Do If You Get Hurt in a Federal Way Truck Accident
After you seek medical care for your truck accident injuries, get a jump-start on your legal claim and:
- Follow the care plan your doctor recommends
- Document your recovery journey in a pain diary
- Take photos and video footage of the crash scene
- Take pictures of your visible crash injuries
- Gather the truck driver’s contact and insurance details
- Keep copies of medical bills and documentation of lost income
- Keep copies of receipts and other proof of expenses
- Watch what you say to the truck driver after the accident
- Watch what you say to the insurance companies, too
- Avoid posting anything on social media before you settle
- Discuss your case with a lawyer before speaking to anyone else
Truck Accident FAQs
Below, we provide helpful information in response to some of our most frequently asked questions about truck accident injury claims in Federal Way.
Who Could Be Liable for a Truck Accident Case in Federal Way?
Any of the following parties could be partially or entirely at fault for a truck accident:
- The truck driver
- A truck owner-operator
- A trucking company
- A shipping company
- A cargo-loading team
- A truck manufacturer
- A truck mechanic or repair shop
- A local government entity
What Evidence Can a Lawyer Use to Prove My Claim?
Your attorney can identify, gather, and preserve valuable evidence for your truck accident claim, such as:
- Official police accident reports
- Photos of the accident scene
- Video footage of the collision
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Testimony from expert witnesses
- Truck driver phone or GPS data
- Truck driver training records
- Truck driver hours of service (HOS) logs
- Truck black box device data
- Truck maintenance and repair records
- Trucking company hiring records
How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Get My Settlement Money?
Every truck accident case is different, but more complex cases tend to take longer. You could settle within weeks if you sustained relatively mild injuries and have a straightforward claim. A settlement could take months or longer if you suffered more severe injuries and have a high-dollar claim.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney in Federal Way
Don’t face the challenge of a truck accident injury claim alone. The Federal Way truck accident attorneys at Park Chenaur and Associates are here to provide you with practical, compassionate legal representation. Reach out to a Federal personal injury lawyer.
We can seek the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries and other losses. Contact our firm now at (253) 839-9440 for your free initial consultation session, and let us help you move forward with your life.
2505 S 320th Suite 100
Federal Way, WA 98003
Phone: 253 839 9440